|Date of Birth||March 22, 1945|
|Place of Birth||New York City, New York|
Life and career
Roth was born in New York City, New York into a Jewish family, the son of Miriam "Mimi", a teacher, studio executive, and radio writer, and Leon Roth, a university teacher and film producer. He has a Master of Fine Arts (MFA) from UCLA Film School as well as a degree from University of California, Santa Barbara.
Roth is one of the investors defrauded by Bernard Madoff in a "Ponzi Scheme" via Stanley Chais. He stated that his losses were heavy and he has lost his retirement money, although the full extent is unknown. As a result of the fraud and the associated losses, Roth is suing the estate of Chais, who died on September 26, 2010. Roth is rumored to be writing a screenplay dealing with the Madoff-Chais scandal.
- The Nickel Ride (1974)
- The Concorde ... Airport '79 (1979)
- Suspect (1987)
- The Heights (1992) co-creator
- Jane's House (1994)
- Forrest Gump (1994)
- The Postman (1997)
- The Horse Whisperer (1998)
- The Insider (1999)
- Ali (2001)
- Munich (2005)
- The Good Shepherd (2006)
- Lucky You (2007)
- The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008)
- Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close (2011)
- Luck (2011-2012) writer/executive producer
- House of Cards (2013) executive producer
- "Profile: Eric Roth", filmreference.com
- Reckard, E. Scott; Abramowitz, Rachel; Eller, Claudia (December 17, 2008). "Hollywood figures snared in Bernard Madoff's alleged fraud". LA Times.
- Standora, Leo (2 May 2009). "Los Angeles investment manager Stanley Chais sued for funneling cash to Bernie Madoff fund". Daily News (New York).